These Camping Hacks To Make Life Easier are great for camping, the cottage, or even your RV (camper) vacation. From camp food hacks to comfort camping hacks…these should make your next trip a little easier…
Camping Hacks To Make Life Easier
- No broken eggs. Crack you eggs ahead of time and put them in a mason jar. You can mark with a sharpie the number of eggs at each level (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8). Then you just pour and use as needed.
- Freeze water in plastic bottles and jugs and use as ice packs in your cooler. It then becomes drinkable water at the campsite.
- Use a tool box as a caddy for condiments. Ketchup packages, jam, peanut butter. You can also use a tool box for an on the go first aid kit.
- Twin bed sheets can be used as picnic table cloths.
- Use a small container with lid for organizing sunscreen and bug spray.
- Did you know parmesan lids (Kraft works for me) can be used as as lids for mason jars?! (It really works!).
Meal planning makes sense for camping and cottage vacations
Meal planning can feel like a chore but it is certainly an important camping hack to make life easier! Grab a piece of paper and block out the days you are camping and breakfast, lunch and dinner. Use a separate column for snacks and treats (because camping needs treats!).
Brainstorm not only what foods your family likes to eat but also what is easy to organize (because you don’t want to spend your days cooking when it’s your vacation).
Our family cottage did not have running water so when I did a meal plan for the cottage I never planned meals which required a lot of fresh water (so no boiling pasta or steamed veggies).
Keep in mind where you are going and what modern conveniences you will have at your camp site (like running fresh water or not).
Related: COTTAGE AND CAMPING FOOD IDEAS