These 10 DIY Gift Basket Ideas are timely for any gift giving occasion. Think: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Teacher thank you, Sympathy and thinking of your gift ideas. And yes, you can DIY gift baskets easily using the convenience of your local grocery store or dollar store.
10 DIY Gift Basket Ideas
- Blind date with book basket. Wrap a bunch of books (choose a fav genre of the person) and fill a basket with books-to-be-read.
- Fruit basket. Practical and always welcome.
- Flower basket. Pretty and can be festive when you pick seasonal flowers.
- Cookie basket. Can we say yum? Chocolate chip cookies are always a hit.
- Spa basket. Body soap, lotion, some face towels can be a blissful gift.
- Movie lovers. Popcorn, bowl, chocolate, candle.
- Baking basket. Spatula, cake mix, brownie mix, cookie mix, mixing bowl.
- Coffee (or tea) lovers basket. Sample size hot drinks, mug, spoon, biscotti.
- Chef basket. Spaghetti, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, cheese grater.
- Thinking of you basket. Mug, hot chocolate, hand lotion, candle, book.
Container alternatives to baskets
Don’t have a basket on hand? No problem. You can substitute your gift container and still have a brilliant DIY gift.
- wooden crate
- mason jar
- large bowl
- tin pail
- cellophane wrapping
You can even be creative and make mini-DIY-“baskets”. For example: putting foot lotion in a new pair of slippers. Or putting a spatula and brownie mix in a pair of oven gloves.
Related: 30 EASY GIFTS FROM A JAR IDEAS
Gift Basket Occasions
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Teacher Thank You
- Thinking of you
- Self Care
- Hostess/host gifts
- Valentine’s Day
A thoughtful gift doesn’t have to break the bank. You can DIY a gift basket or thank you gift at the dollar store or your grocery store within a family friendly budget. Just remember to keep it simple and straightforward. Stick to a theme. And give something you would like to receive yourself.
Follow Parent Club on Pinterest for more gift giving ideas.