These Freezer To Lunch Box 20 School Lunch Ideas are as much for me as they are for you dear reader. See, my Monday school lunches are awesome because I’m full of inspiration and the fridge is full of groceries – however – by Thursday I’m out of ideas and the fridge is sadly out of food. Call in Plan B! These freezer to lunch box 20 school lunch ideas are things you can easily prep ahead of time, freeze, and then pop in your child’s lunch box (or warm up in a microwave then pop in the lunch box) on Thursday morning. Let’s see if these freezer to lunch box ideas make life easier…
Freezer To Lunch Box 20 School Lunch Ideas
I am going to attempt to make each of these – write a post to share the how-to with you – and then hyper-link here so it’s all in one neat and tidy place. That way…not only am I meal planning my kids’ school lunch (which is a good idea)…I’m sharing the kid-friendly recipe ideas with you. Everyone in agreement *raise your hand*….
In the meantime, I’ll MacGyver in the general recipe idea in handy-dandy brackets (my starting point for everything is MacGyver-ing it…do you do this too?).
- Quesadillas (wraps, cooked chicken, tex mex cheese – easy right)
- Bagels (OK, I freeze bagels all the time – just put them in airtight bags. Microwave 10 sec to defrost)
- Macaroni muffin cups (take this MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE but before baking – add in two eggs – mix – scoop into muffin liners – and bake for 20 min at 350C. Let me know how that works.)
- Pancakes (Get out the airtight bags again – make pancakes…from scratch or from boxed mix — the kids will never know – cook – let cool – place in resealable airtight bags. Freeze.)
- French Toast soldiers (Make French Toast, let cool, place in resealable airtight bags)
- Oatmeal bites (really good for school snack or grab-n-go breakfast)
- Sandwiches (make a week’s worth of sandwiches – put in individual resealable airtight bags – freeze)
- Corn dog muffins (I’ve made something like this using pizza dough and hot dogs)
- Pizza rolls (flat bread + tomato sauce + pepperoni + mozerella cheese + bake at 375 for 15 min. Allow to cool. Cut. Freeze).
- Smoothies (Store in freezer friendly containers)
- Breakfast muffins (I actually have a bunch of muffin recipes on Parent Club — try my APPLESAUCE BRAN MUFFINS or my ORANGE POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- Chicken nuggets (cook chicken nuggets + allow to cool + store in resealable airtight bags)
- Spaghetti (store in individual containers + use micorwave frozen meal setting = hot lunch for thermos)
- Chicken wings/chicken legs (cook chicken then freeze in resealable airtight bags. Defrost night before in fridge or nuke in microwave)
- Ham and cheese muffins (recipe in the works)
- Breakfast burritos (whole wheat wrap + cooked sausage + grated cheese)
- Granola bars (I have an AMAZING 5 minute microwave granola bar recipe in my book Boredom Busters)
- Sausage rolls (put sausage in puff pastry and bake according to directions)
- Meatballs (that’s a recipe for sweet and sour meatballs. Alternatively, cook frozen Italian meatballs in your fav tomato sauce)
- Taco meat (cook ground beef + taco seasoning. Send in thermos and put lettuce, cheese, tortillas in separate containers.)