Birthday cards, holiday cards, thank you cards…it seems wrong to throw colourful card stock into the recycle bin. This DIY is a step-by-step to repurpose cards into bookmarks. You could even turn this simple DIY into a kid birthday party activity…
- Greeting cards
- Scissors (I’m using Fiskars scissors above and they cut like butter!)
- Hole punch
- Cut greeting card along the fold line. Keep cover. Recycle 2nd page with writing.
- Cut cover into strips (you could measure but I eyeballed it)
- Punch hole in top of bookmark
- Thread ribbon through hole and knot.
I’m actually thinking these would make a great addition to a birthday party loot bag: $5 gift card to a book store + homemade bookmark.
Simple. Easy. And practical. Keep old cards in your activity area…you never know what craft is next!
Craft supply suggestions for your next DIY :
Art Mat Baby Jars Cereal box Clean applesauce containers Clean yogurt containers Contact Paper Crayons Duct tape Egg carton Glue Greeting Cards Magnets Markers Old magazines Old newspaper Paper Paper plates Pencil Crayons Pipe cleaners Q-tips Re-sealable plastic bags Ribbon Ruler Scissors Sparkles Squeeze bottles String Tape Tissue Paper Toilet paper rolls Wax Paper Wooden Spoon