Here are 20 Home Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day or Any Day (because it looks like we are all staying home this year). We are all in need of date nights (really we should make it a regular thing right?!)…here are some Home Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day or Any Day which you need to make time for…
Make time for Dates
It has been a LONG pandemic. And if you are home with kids. Well, it’s been a LONG TIME since you’ve had date night. With no babysitters or family to watch the kids…you never have any alone time. But here’s the thing…you have to make time for dates…even at home.
- Before the kids wake up
- After the kids go to bed
- While the kids are watching a movie
I’m not recommending for you to leave the house or ignore the kids. DON’T DO THAT MY FRIENDS! Safety first.
Carve out a bit of time to steal yourselves off to the kitchen table and have a conversation without kids. Or hold hands. Re-connect.
Home Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day or Any Day
- Feed the kids first then set a romantic table for just the two of you
- Decorate the home with flowers, plants and heart shaped things.
- Make dinner together.
- Watch a romantic movie together.
- Have a coffee/tea/hot chocolate date just the two of you.
- Take turns giving each other a shoulder/back massage.
- Put on soft music and dance.
- Make a bucket list together.
- Make a gratitude list for each other.
- Pretend power outage: light the all the candles.
- Play board games.
- Romantic scavenger hunt (can involve chocolate).
- At-Home spa.
- Indoor picnic.
- Learn a new craft, hobby or sport together.
- Map out a future vacation.
- Tickle fight.
- Set up a tent or blanket for in the living room to cuddle in.
- Write each other love letters