This Dollar Store Watercolor Craft For Kids is an easy craft for kids. All you need is crayola markers, a canvas, and a sprinkle of water for the kids to create a unique watercolor craft. Here’s how to make a Dollar Store Watercolor Craft For Kids….
Why watercolors are fun for kids…
- Washable markers are easy to wash off clothes/hands so this is a low-mess activity
- It’s a STEM activity (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) because kids see the cause and effect of the water being sprayed on the ink.
- Each canvas will be a unique creation depending on the colours chosen and where the kids choose to put the colour.
RELATED: 65 INDOOR ACTIVITY IDEAS FOR KIDS
Dollar Store Watercolor Craft for Kids – ingredients you will need…
- Art canvas
- Crayola markers
- Water (I put it in a spray bottle)
- Have the kids cover the art canvas with marker. Seriously. No space left white. Do not use sharpies only washable markers.
- Spray a bit of water on the ink. Tilt the canvas up and down. Left and right to move the water around (it’s creates a watercolor effect).
Because you are filling the entire space of the canvas…the bigger the canvas the more time this will take. I recommend putting some music on in the background and encourage the kids to enjoy the coloring. It’s a quiet activity but yet very engaging.
This is also a pretty great birthday party activity idea as the canvas can be part of the loot bag!
psst…my book…Stop Reading This Book is available in stores now