After multiple attempts to successfully create a decent pressure cooker cake recipe…I have done it…this Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe is it. For those who love a morning muffin…this cake recipe is a great replacement. Here’s how to make this pressure cooker cake recipe…
Why not just bake a cake in the oven?…
In the summer, it’s just too darn hot to turn on the oven! This 7 inch cake bakes in a pressure cooker in just 45 minutes so your kitchen doesn’t have to get hot. I divide up the cake into quarters. Then, you can freeze the cake quarters individually and defrost the night before. Or keep the whole cake out and slice as you go.
Wait…Important Pressure Cooker Cake tips!
- Do NOT leave the cake in longer than 45 minutes. I know…it’s go to warm setting when the 45 minutes are up…don’t leave it on warm. I made the mistake (in serveral cake recipe testing versions) where I let the pressure cooker go to warm for up to an hour (I was busy writing) and the steam overcooked the cake. Learn from my mistake!
- Put a piece of paper towel in the aluminum foil before you cover the cake. The paper towel will absorb any steam which might get under the foil.
Gluten-free pressure cooker cake recipe or full gluten pressure cooker cake recipe?
This recipe works for both! I used a one for one gluten-free flour (one cup of gluten free flour mix which replaces 1 cup of regular all-purpose flour). So you can easily make this a regular cake or a gluten-free cake.
Pressure Cooker Cake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed
- 2 tbsp + 3 tbsp granola (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1-2 tsp vanilla (I put 2 because I LOVE vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups of water (for bottom of pressure cooker)
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, flax seed, salt. Add in granola (optional). Mix to combine.
- Add in milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir until there are no lumps.
- In a 7 inch spring form pan, line with parchment paper.
- Pour cake batter into spring form pan.
- Top cake with granola (optional).
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into bottom of pressure cooker.
- Put paper towel + aluminum foil over pan and cover tightly. You can use a rubber band around the circumference of the pan to ensure seal if you like.
- Put cake pan on pressure cooker trivet. Lower trivet into water.
- Put cover on pressure cooker. Set to seal. High pressure 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, quick release. Take out cake. Allow to cool.
Instant Pot Brownies Recipe
I found an AMAZING Instant Pot Brownies Recipe via The Spruce Eats. Highly recommend!! (and not sponsored…it’s a great recipe!).