These 10 Amazing Graphic Novels for Kids are for young readers who like dynamic illustrations and strong story lines. Graphic novels can be a great way for reluctant readers to enjoy a book. They are also great for sparking the imagination. Check out these 10 Amazing Graphic Novels for Kids…
10 Amazing Graphic Novels for Kids
When you are browsing the graphic novel section of your library or bookstore…you will find a fairly large choice. This is because graphic novels are a growing trend for young readers. They flock to the genre and often search out series of books.
You should keep in mind the character of your younger reader. Graphic novel character and plot lines can range from funny and friendly to thrilling and adventure. Not to say one is better than the other. Simply, some kids might be more comfortable with a funny graphic novel or a thrilling one (or vice versa).
10 Amazing Graphic Novels for Kids via www.parentclub.ca
- The Golden Compass (Volume 1) by Philip Pullman
- Hilo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth by Judd Winick
- 5 Worlds: The Sand Warrior by Mark Siegel, Alexis Siegel, Xanthe Bouma, Matt Rockefeller, Boya Sun
- The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell
- Once Upon a Space Time! by Jeffrey Brown
- Narwhal’s Otter Friend by Ben Clanton
- Doodleville by Chad Sell (who also writes The Cardboard Kingdom above)
- The Runaway Princess by Johan Troianowski
- All’s Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson
- Stepping Stones by Lucy Knisley
- Bug Boys by Laura Knetzger
Graphic novels for kids recommendations:
If your reader likes the Wings of Fire series: they would like The Golden Compass and 5 Worlds: The Sand Warrior
Should your reader love the DogMan series: they would like Bug Boys, Once Upon a Space Time,
Diary of a Wimpy Kids fan?: they would like Hilo: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth, All’s Faire in Middle School, The Cardboard Kingdom and Stepping Stones.
When your reader is ready to level up from Piggie & Elephant: they would like The Runaway Princess and Narwhal’s Otter Friend.