It is play outside season! I have a few Outside It Activity Ideas for Kids (which are classic and fun). From water activities to play activities it’s great to get outdoors and enjoy summer. I’ve read that for sun protection it’s best to be outside before 10am and after 4pm. But with kids, sometimes you just gotta put on the sun hat, sunscreen, at let ‘er go. Find some shade. Find some fun. Play outside!
Outside Activity Ideas for Kids
- Bike riding. Tricycles help kids learn to multi-task. Push bikes are a great way to develop balance. Big kid bike riding is a good opportunity to raise awareness of surroundings (and rules of the road). Make sure everyone wears a helmet!
- Scooter. Scooters are a great way to get around. And you can carry them, walk them, do tricks with them.Again, wear a helmet.
- Swings & slides. I swear one of the best outside activities is our swing set. We are the park of the neighbourhood.
- Chalk. Nice quiet activity…in between the biking and scooter-ing.
- Soccer. Pass, shoot, score. My kids are discovering all the soccer balls we have stored in the shed.
- Skateboarding. Skate parks. Skate on the sidewalk. At an empty parking lot.
- Water. Fill a bucket for little kids to have a cheap water station or give a teen a hose and let er’ at it.