Mother’s Day Gift Ideas – what do Moms really want? Interesting post subject right?! And I’m looking for reader comments on this one…have a conversation with me…what do Moms really want for Mother’s Day?…
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas – what do Mom’s really want?
Over the years, I’ve written a few Mother’s Day posts from brunch ideas to gifts to give to experiences to enjoy.
But honestly. Just between you and I. A heartfelt appreciate of what I do is what I want most.
It can be in the packaging of a hug.
It can be words from anyone I love.
It can be a gift (but not just a box of chocolates…something that the giver knows is meaningful to me…to us…to our relationship).
I guess what I’m saying is…I don’t want a token…I want the real deal. Show me appreciation. Validation. Recognition. This has been a hard year for me…I’ve felt a bit invisible some days. But I’m on the other side and know I’m here. And this Mother’s Day and all others to come…I want to be appreciated.
Here are some of my best gifts received (and not for mother’s day but for all sorts of occasions)
- A letter of apology full of misspellings and grammar problems but also full of love and thoughtfulness.
- A little free library – built in secret – because I love books and sharing books with others.
- A text of love and appreciation. For no reason.
- A bracelet. Which has meaning to me not only because of who made it…but the time in my life when it was received.
- A silver tea bag holder. Because I love tea.
This year, I will be honest, I would like appreciation. There I said it. Some recognition of “you are appreciated”. And it can come in the form of a card made in class or a text or a gift box. But it has to be meaningful. And heartfelt. And true.
If you are looking for ways to celebrate Mother’s day…I can help you with that.