This Popsicle stick and clothes pin airplane craft is a fun afternoon project for one kid or a group of kids. All you need are Popsicle sticks, wooden clothespin, glue, magnet (and optional…paint and paint brushes). Follow this easy step by step to turn some dollar store supplies into an afternoon boredom buster…
Popsicle stick and clothes pin airplane craft
Disclaimer: I didn’t create this craft. My son made it at camp. However, it sits on my fridge everyday and inspires me to share it with you.
You will need:
- 4 and a half Popsicle sticks
- 1 wooden clothespin
- 1 small magnet
- Optional: paint and paint brushes to paint the wings
- Place the wooden clothes pin vertically. On the end-which-clips-down, glue two Popsicle sticks to either side of the clip. These are the wings (top and bottom) to your plane.
- Take the half sized Popsicle stick (adult should cut it) and glue it to the end-you-pinch of the clothes pin. This will be the tail of the airplane.
- Turn the tail over and glue the magnet to the bottom of the clothespin.
- Decorate as you like*
- Pinch the tail/magnet end to open the end-which-clamps-down and insert a picture.
- Magnet to fridge or magnet board.
*Decoration ideas: paint, markers, stickers, washi tape.
This Popsicle stick and clothes pin airplane craft is a great gift kids can make. Also, a very decent boredom buster, school break idea, and rainy day activity.
If your kids like crafts…you might also be interested in: RECIPE CARD/INDEX CARD NOTEPAD DIY
Recipe Card Notepads
I usually carry around these Recipe Card Notepads because they are great for drawing while we are at restaurants or waiting in doctor’s offices. It’s sturdy, portable, and easily replaceable. I even use them myself if I need to jot down an idea or grab somebody’s email address.