This Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup recipe is super easy! This is an amazing dump dinner you can make in a crockpot. Vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free…with plain homemade goodness. Throw the Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup ingredients in the machine and forget about it until dinner!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
You will need:
- 3 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- Approx 3 medium sized carrots (peeled and cut – you will notice in the picture – I just used 2 handfuls of snack carrots)
- 1 leek (tip: I wash, cut, and freeze leeks in reusable bags so that I don’t have to buy them special for soups and stews…I already have them on hand…and just dump them in frozen)
- 2 pieces of celery (same tip: wash, cut, and freeze celery)
- 1 bay leaf (take out after cooking)
- 1 900ml container of chicken broth (can substitute for vegetable broth for vegetarian option)
- 2 cups of water
- salt + pepper + garlic powder to taste
- Wash, peel, and cut vegetables (it’s seriously easier when you use the snack carrots and the leeks & celery from the freezer). Put all vegetables into the slow cooker.
- Add in broth + water.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste. Add in bay leaf.
- Set slow cooker for 8 hours on low for 4 hours on high.
- When cooked – remove bay leaf. (optional: remove celery if you don’t like it. My family doesn’t particularly like it but it does add nice flavour so I add it during cooking and then remove).
- With an immersion blender – blend up the soup to creamy (without the dairy!) goodness.
Pairs well with baguette or gluten-free bread. It also freezes really well.
This easy slow cooker recipe is quickly becoming one of my go-tos…simply because it is so full of vegetables and so simple to make.
You might also like to read 🙂
SHARE: What are your favourite slow cooker recipes?…