This DIY Tic Tac Toe Game is a two-in-one activity. And it is PERFECT for summer. It encourages a trip to the beach, rock finding, and a bit of arts n’ crafts. Just the thing for a staycation or summer vacation activity. This boredom buster is super low cost but will influence repeat playing. Here’s how to make this DIY Tic Tac Toe Game…
DIY Tic Tac Toe Game
This is a fantastic activity for the cottage.
First activity: go to the beach! If you aren’t near a beach…a valley or rock-ish place is a good substitute. Ensure you take a bucket or bag for collecting your rocks.
Find similarly, small-sized, flat rocks. I know — the kids will want all the HUGE rocks. Nope, in this case HUGE will not due. You need smaller, flat, rocks to fit the squares of the tic tac toe board. Do they all have to be the same colour? Nope. But they do need to be flat.
The beach/rock finding activity could be done any time before you want to create your tic tac toe game.
Next you will need:
- 6 of the same sized flat stones
- permanent marker (or washable paint)
- construction paper
- Draw 3 Xs on 3 of the rocks (use paint or a permanent marker)
- Draw 3 Os on the other 3 rocks (use paint or a permanent marker)
- Next, using your ruler, create a tic tac toe board on a piece of construction paper. This is two lines vertically and two lines horizontally – the same distance between each line. This makes an open-grid of 9 squares.
- Find an opponent and you are ready to play tic tac toe.
Tic Tac Toe is a great game for all ages and most abilities. It’s classic. Screen free. And doesn’t require batteries. Bonus: you can play it over and over again!
You might be interested in more SUMMER FUN ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS