So easy yet so pretty! This DIY Cake Stand only uses a Bernardin jar and a glass pie plate; creating a functional and fashionable piece for your holiday table. Make one as a hostess gift…or create one to jazz up your own holiday table. From pot lucks to formal dinners – this DIY Cake Stand works…
DIY Cake Stand
- Lay out a place mat (or tablecloth)
- Invert a Bernardin Regular 500 ml Mason Jar (so that the opening is towards the table)
- Invert a glass pie dish
- Place glass pie dish on top of Bernardin mason jar
- FOR A PERMANENT DIY CAKE STAND: superglue the Bernardin Mason Jar to the middle of the glass pie dish. Allow to dry according to package instructions.
- Place treats like these Best Brownies Recipe Ever onto your DIY Cake Stand.
I note a permanent step in there – in case you do want to make a permanent sort of Cake Stand. If you are giving it as a gift – I would recommend making it permanent. However, if you are just using this DIY Cake Stand at home – it might work better for you to just balance the pie plate on top of the Bernardin mason jar. Why? Well, because then you can still have a functional pie plate and mason jar for other things (I’m talking pies and jams).
You could also switch this idea into a DIY veggie platter by placing the pie dish right side up and placing a Bernardin mason jar in the centre. Fill the mason jar with ranch dressing. Place cut veggies around the mason jar in the pie dish. Easy breasy!
Dare to DIY! 😉