I shouldn’t share this because it’s a bit of a family recipe secret. BUT…It. is. so. good! Best Brownies Recipe Ever. Yes, I wrote that. And it is so true. This brownie recipe is so easy. So fudgy. So printer worthy! Make them for a holiday dessert, party treat, or school lunch…this really is the best brownies recipe ever…
Note: my Best Brownies Recipe Ever makes one 9×13 pan of Brownies or 2 Bernardin mason jar gifts for two 8×8 brownie pans. To make the mason jar gifts simply divide the recipe in half – pour the dry ingredients into a 500ml Bernardin jar and then write out the wet ingredients; diving them in half for an 8×8 Brownie pan.
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional add-ons: nuts, chocolate chips, candy coated chocolate, crushed candy canes, dark chocolate pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree
- Combine cocoa powder, flour and sugar. Add in baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla and melted butter
- Mix well. Mixture must be smooth.
- To make EVEN BETTER Best Brownies Recipe Ever…add in some of the optional add-ons listed in the ingredients above.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes
- To check done-ness – insert a toothpick in the centre of the brownies – if it comes out clean the batter is cooked.
- Do not overcook.
- Allow to cool 1 hour and enjoy!
If you are inspire by the Homemade Brownie Mix In A Jar gift idea pictured in the photo above (and seriously, it makes a fantastic teacher present!)…I’ve got a step-by-step how to (in photos!) so and your kids can make Homemade Brownie Mix In A Jar together using Bernardin jars (makes for an easy and inexpensive holiday teacher present!).
And if you want to make a DIY Cake Stand like I did (it only uses 2 things you already have in your cupboard!) – I highly recommend (it takes minutes to make!).