I created this Banana Bread Recipe over the weekend – and it has been a HUGE HIT! As in – one loaf is already gone and we are halfway through the 2nd banana bread loaf. My whole family loves to eat something homemade for breakfast (the kids like to dip it in hot chocolate). This banana bread recipe if filled with healthy stuff – making it a perfect breakfast choice (it also works for the 4pm munchies too).
Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 individual size containers of vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- OPTIONAL: granola
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 C.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda. Place to the side (it will double in size).
- In mixer, mix together bananas and sugar.
- To that add dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, ground flax seed. Mix well.
- Add in liquid ingredients of eggs, milk and oil. Mix well.
- Then spoon in risen yogurt. Mix until you have a bread batter.
- Spray (with cooking spray) 2 loaf pans. Equally spoon banana bread batter into each of the loaf pans. OPTIONAL: sprinkle granola over top of batter.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out dry. Freezes well in airtight container.
This banana bread recipe is so easy. Certainly one you will want to flag to make with your kids. And if you are baking with kids – as I usually do – let them take turns measuring, pouring, and mixing…it’s a great way to develop hand/eye coordination.
And you can make this banana bread and freeze a loaf or both.
And if you are in the baking mood. I highly recommend trying my Orange Muffins or my Berry Burst Coffee Cake Recipe (yum to both!). My Healthy Muffins Chocolate Blueberry Qi’a recipe is a superfood charged muffin. And you can’t go wrong with my Madeleines Recipe – Recette Madeleines (perfect to send in school lunch – or snack on yourself during school hours!).