Teaser: the following healthy muffin recipe is fantastic. And easy. Check out my recipe for Healthy Muffins Chocolate Blueberry Qi’a (and new breakfast favourite here!). Introducing Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood – it’s a new and a must-buy to add to breakfast, baking, and smoothies…
Qi’a (pronounced Kee-ah) is our NEW Superfood Cereal made with Chia, Hemp and Buckwheat. This power trio of seeds and grains is chocked full of plant-based protein, fiber and Omega-3’s.
- Certified gluten free
- No added sugar or salt
- High in protein (6 grams per serving)
- Heart healthy
- Certified organic
- Non GMO Project Verified
(Aside: as sometimes-writer-of-French I keep wanting to type Qui’a)
For a quick and healthy breakfast you can mix 2 Tbsp of Qi’a cereal with 5 Tbsp of milk (wait 5 minutes and the Chia seeds soak in goodness).
You can also sprinkle this superfood cereal on top of cereal, in yogurts or smoothies or into salads for an added boost.
I decided to develop a kid-friendly baking activity with Qi’a; making it a boredom buster and snack in one. And proof it was a hit?…my son ate FOUR Healthy Muffins Chocolate Blueberry Qi’a in a day!
This recipe is bookmark/print worthy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup Nature’s Path Qi’a
- 1/2 frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs
- 300 ml of applesauce (I used 3 individual snack size applesauce containers)
- **use organic ingredients wherever possible
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa and Qi’a in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Add in egg substitutes and applesauce.
- Mix well.
- And in frozen blueberries and mix.
- Pour into lined muffin containers. Makes 24 muffins or one 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees. Great for breakfast, school lunch, and afternoon snack! Kid friendly recipe!