Perhaps the easiest in my Gifts Kids Can Make series…this is Gifts Kids Can Make – Gifts From A Jar. Seriously, you will want to bookmark this for Teacher Presents!
Gifts Kids Can Make – Gifts From A Jar
You will need:
- Clean mason jar
- Measuring Cups
- Dry cookie mix
- Recipe card
- Have your kids measure out dry cookie mix.**
- Layer cookie mix in mason jar.
- Put lid on mason jar.
- Tie a ribbon around lid.
- Using pencil, have kids print out recipe directions on recipe card.
- Tape card on to mason jar.
**You can certainly measure and layer the ingredients of your favourite – from scratch – cookie mix. I’ll confess…I used a store-bought cookie mix. I call this more of a “creative” than a “cheat”. And sometimes parents need to get creative to make life easier!
Instead of Cookie Mix Try…
- A dry soup mix
- Brownie mix
- Hot chocolate mix (re-purpose baby food jars as single serving “gifts from a jar” hot chocolate!)
- Trail Mix
It is such a hit of an activity. From the measuring and pouring to the ribbon-ing and writing. And really, most teachers are parents and you are giving them the gift of an activity they can do with their kids…baking and eating the goodies. So this is a gift that keeps on giving n’est pas?!