Here are 10 Busy Bag for Kids Ideas to use as boredom busters as needed. Great kid activities for family travel, restaurants, doctor’s offices, grandma’s house or just for fun at home.
Busy Bag for Kids Ideas
When you think about making a busy bag for your children…think: portability! What can fit in a zippered 3 ring pouch? Because zippered pouches happen to make the BEST busy bags. Generally, they have a window so you can see what’s in it. Which is great for choosing which busy bag to give and when.
You can make several busy bags for kids and bring them out on different points of your family travel (or different days if you are just at home).
Explain to your children that busy bag = quiet time. They need to play in place quietly.
Busy Bag Activities
Here are a few busy bag activities you might want to include in your bags…
Note: *choking hazard with some of the smaller items on this list so do not give these items to younger children without supervision).
- Popsicle sticks (great for stacking, counting, making shapes)
- Velcro dots* (attach to popsicle sticks, wiffle balls, felt shapes for sticking)
- Magnetic shapes/tiles (build towers, houses, vehicles)
- Wiffle balls (thread pipe cleaners through)
- Pipe cleaners (see #4. Also fun for bending into shapes like butterflies, candy canes, snakes)
- Wood blocks (jenga towers are fun to build and destroy)
- Felt shapes (create and re-create stories)
- Wood balancing rocks (I kinda want some of these myself)
- Sponge shapes (cut into shapes to make sponge building blocks)
- Boogie Board (reusable! Take pretend restaurant orders, colouring, tic tac toe, playing hangman,
Related: FREE DOTTED LETTER FONT FOR TRACING
Related: FREE PRINTING PRACTICE SHEETS