Check out this Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pastry Recipe via www.parentclub.ca. This is an easy recipe from the freezer which you can make in a pinch for dessert.
Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pastry Recipe via www.parentclub.ca, easy recipes
Puff pastry is a great ingredient staple to have in your freezer. You can make pies, pastries, cookies, and more with puff pastry. Also, think of it as an ingredient which can be used for both sweet and savory dishes!
- puff pastry (find it in the freezer section of your grocer)
- Cinnamon (2 tbsp)
- Brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- Milk (1 tbsp for a pastry wash)
- Thaw out puff pastry according to package directions (mine said thaw on counter for 2 hours)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Open puff pastry and put it on parchment paper
- Spread softened butter on puff pastry (enough so the sugar will stick to it).
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in bowl.
- Liberally sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture all over square of puff pastry.
- Starting on the side closest to you…roll inwards. Stop at the middle.
- Then, at the end farthest to you…roll inwards. Stop at the middle.
- Using a knife, cut the puff pastry (like you would a cookie)
- Space out on parchment paper.
- Put parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Brush “cookies” with milk wash (this will help them turn a nice golden colour).
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Store in airtight container.
Visit Parent Club on Pinterest for more inspiration
These pastries go great with coffee or tea!
If you like baking…you might also like: 30 MASON JAR AND FOOD GIFT IDEAS