We are all Dealing with Stress, Worry and Anxiety during Covid 19. Adults and children alike. I’ll leave this here for anyone who needs it…
Dealing with Stress, Worry and Anxiety during Covid 19
- When you sense you or your kids are feeling anxious or stressed…talk with each other. Text a friend. Call a family member. Reach out to a teacher.
- Recognize when you need to escalate your call for help. If the stress/anxiety/worry is affecting your day-to-day life then it is best to speak to a health care professional or KidsHelpPhone.ca?
- Don’t forget to check on your strong friends. We all feel worried from time to time. So text. Message. It doesn’t have to be a face to face.
What will help you when you worry?
There are certainly things which will help you when you feel worried. Here are a few suggestions to help you/your child get out of the worried zone…
- Read something interesting
- Journal or write a letter
- listen to music
- do something creative
- watch a favourite TV show or movie
- Go outside
- Have a warm bath or shower
- Do something productive (I like to bake)
- Reach out to someone
Consider what will make you feel better when you are anxious