This Easy Baked Meatballs Recipe is great for big batch cooking for families! It makes around 40-45 meatballs (which works for about three dinners for my family). This easy baked meatballs recipe is a make, bake, and freeze dish. Pair it with your favourite tomato sauce for a great spaghetti and meatballs meal!
Baked Meatballs Recipe
What you will need:
- 1.5 kilo of ground beef (about 3 pounds)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (you can substitute bread crumbs)
- pinch of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Note: I take the non-gluten route by using Parmesan cheese as a binder (i.e. something which holds the ground beef + egg together). You could certainly use bread crumbs (or even gluten-free bread crumbs) if you so choose.
- Put parchment paper on two cookie sheets. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take out bowl + ingredients (take off any jewelry because you will be mixing with your hands!).
- Wash your hands (with soap).
- Put ground beef into bowl. Add in eggs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once all ingredients are in bowl. Mix together with your hands until well combined.
- Then take beef (about 1 tablespoon amount) and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Put meatball on parchment paper. Continue until you have made all the meatballs.
- Wash your hands (again with soap – please and thank you).
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until meatballs are brown and cooked through).
- Allow to cool.
Once cool, you can put the meatballs in an airtight container and freeze.
Then, when you are ready to make a sauce – simply take out the amount you need. I pop these meatballs, frozen, into my slow cooker when I make tomato sauce. It’s a crowd-pleaser every single time.
You might like to try: QUICK AND EASY SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE
Big batch baked meatballs makes my life easier. On sports nights – when I have to have dinner ready in a hurry – these baked meatballs are my go-to. Plus, making lots means I have enough for school lunch the next day. I won’t ever buy frozen meatballs again because these homemade meatballs are so delish.