Get ready for a few reasons to Stay at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto the Downtown Toronto Family Hotel. Plus, some great tips on things to do in Toronto for families for a weekend. Whether you are an out-of-towner looking for a great family destination in Ontario or a GTA peep looking for a fun family staycation in downtown Toronto — this post has everything you need to get a great taste of the town!
Disclosure: Gifted experience. All opinions are my own.
Stay at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto the Downtown Toronto Family Hotel
Look no further than the Chelsea Hotel Toronto for booking your Toronto accommodation. It’s convienent location (33 Gerrard Street West) places you in great proximity to most downtown family attractions.
Easy walking distance to:
- Yonge Dundas square
- City hall (new and old)
- Nathan Phillips square
- Toronto Eaton Centre
- Shops & restaurants
- Eglin, Winter Garden, and Ed Mirvish Theatres
PLUS the Chelsea Hotel Toronto has fantastic family amenities
You don’t even really need to leave the hotel to have family fun. The Chelsea Hotel Toronto has included entertainment for the whole family included in the room booking(s).
- kid check in counter at front desk (where kids can ring a bell to check in all by themselves and choose a treat from a treasure box to start their stay off with FUN)
- A choice of spacious rooms; fitting singles, couples and families (rooms, kitchenettes and family suites available)
- Family fun zone (on 2nd floor of hotel). Pool with corkscrew water slide, sauna, whirlpool (and towels of course). Kid area with arts & crafts, toys & games, ride-on toys, and of course BUNNIES (yes, real bunnies). Then, there is the teen lounge with pool table, foosball table, air hockey table, and video games to entertain teens (the teen room games are all paid games at $1 to $2 per game – however – everything in the kid area and pool amenities are are complimentary with your stay).
Dining at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto
Your hunger will be met with the feast at the ground level marketplace. A hearty buffet awaits you with everything you want from breakfast to dinner. You can also purchase à la carte as well. And yes, you can order room service too.
Getting to the Chelsea Hotel Toronto
There is self-parking and valet parking in the underground of the hotel. The Chelsea Hotel Toronto is also easily accessible via TTC and taxi. It’s about a 9 minute drive from Union station for those coming in to town via train or air.
Check out the Chelsea Hotel Toronto offers page for specials you won’t want to miss! (the Cottage in the City special looks great for families – you can get discounts on some of the Toronto family attractions listed in this post!)
Things to do In Toronto For Families
- The Chelsea Hotel Toronto has a little-known outdoor area off the hotel restaurant. It’s a great place to sit, snack, and chat and/or for kids to walk/play in.
- Walk from the hotel to Dundas Square where on any given day you may happen upon an outdoor, free, concert. There are also tons of shopping and eating opportunities around this area of downtown Toronto.
- Take the TTC down to Union. From there you can walk to: the CN Tower, Ripley”s Aquarium of Canada, Rogers Centre (be sure to catch a Blue Jays game!), Steam Whistle Brewing Company (across from the Rogers Centre – there are train cars parked outside that kids can visit free of charge). Walk the other way down Front Street and you can find a wealth of family activities. Visit the St. Lawrence Market. The Flat Iron Building. The Museum of Illusions.
When you visit a city — location of where you stay is really important. I had the chance to stay at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto for a staycation with my family of 5 — and along with comfortable accommodation — we had a great home-base for visiting a few of the great family attractions in downtown Toronto. In one day we did Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, the CN Tower, and the Museum of Illusions (along with walking along Front Street to get to and from the destinations).