How to Make a Charlotte aux poires (no bake recipe!). This dessert is simple and elegant. Easy to make ahead and a dream to serve. Just prep, chill, and cut. Easy as that. Here’s How to Make a Charlotte aux poires…
How to Make a Charlotte aux poires (no bake recipe!)
You will need:
- Whipped cream
- Lady Finger cookies (also known as savoiardi biscuits)
- Melted chocolate
- Canned pears in juice
- Make whipped cream (I use the medium sized container of whipping cream and add 1 tbsp of icing sugar)
- Set whipped cream aside
- Open pear container – drain juice into a bowl. Set pears aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Stir until liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Dip both sides of cookie into pear juice. Break in half. Line bottom of bundt pan (as shown in picture above). Continue dipping, breaking, and lining bundt pan until bottom and sides are covered with no gaps.
- Spoon 1/2 whipped cream on top of cookies.
- Lay pears over whipped cream.
- Spoon melted chocolate over pears.
- Cover with remaining whipped cream.
- Repeat #5 above to cover whipped cream for final layer.
- Put a plate on top to cover.
- Chill in fridge at least one hour or up to next day.
- When ready to serve…invert plate and remove bundt pan cover. It should slip right out.
This dessert keeps covered in plastic wrap, in fridge, up to one week after making.