5 Reasons to Visit Sir Sam’s Inn and Spa in Haliburton, ON (because I highly recommend!). This is completely unsponsored. I researched, paid for, and visited Sir Sam’s Inn all on my own (well, with a great girlfriend). On the agenda was an escape from the city, spa services, hydrotherapy and relaxation. And Sir Sam’s Inn did not disappoint!
5 Reasons to Visit Sir Sam’s Inn and Spa in Haliburton, ON
- Lovely 2.5 hour drive from Toronto. With the Fall colours and a coffee house playlist – it was a pleasure to drive to Haliburton, Ontario.
- Well priced (and delivered) spa services. I thought the spa service menu list was actually cheaper than what you would get in Toronto. I ordered a relaxation massage (1 hour) and my friend requested a body scrub (1 hour). We both had very good experiences from professional and friendly therapists. They don’t have lockers in the change room (cubbies for you belongings) so I recommend leaving valuables locked in your car. We took in a bag of change of clothes, light snacks, and reusable water bottle (which we refilled often since we stayed for a day pass to take advantage of the water therapies).
- Water therapies. I highly recommend getting the day pass (only $15!). The pools offer a circuit of jets for shoulders, back, feet, and more. We did the circuit once, then enjoyed the lounge beds on the second level which overlook the pool and lookout to a beautiful lake and treeline. It was majestic. After a good long relax (took a magazine — didn’t even read it — the view was too beautiful to miss a moment). We headed to the sauna. From sauna (and a long drink of water to re-hydrate) we did the water therapy again. As the day went on we realized in late afternoon lights appear in the ceiling to give a starry night feel. With a day pass you can stay until 11pm.
4. The views. Confession: this is NOT a view from Sir Sam’s Inn…because…I chose to be present in the moment and did not take my phone out once during our stay. However, this is a view of Haliburton — on the same day as our spa treatment — which will give you a feel for the colours and view. It was breathtaking.
5. It’s not snobby. Super friendly staff at Sir Sam’s made our visit relaxed. You didn’t have to worry about how you looked. How your bathing suit fit. It was about letting go. Being in the moment. Self-care.
If you are in the Haliburton area — or looking for a wallet-friendly getaway weekend. I highly recommend this Inn and Spa for your research!