I went off-recipe-book one day and created this Cranberry Lemon Cake Recipe. Turned out awesome! Sometimes, it’s good to get adventurous in your kitchen and just mix-n-match flavours.
Cranberry Lemon Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose (or pastry) flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 drops lemon flavouring
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350C
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder. Sift well.
- Add in oil, eggs, and milk. Mix for two minutes on high speed until there are no lumps.
- Grease a 9 inch circle cake pan.
- Pour cake batter into cake pan.
- Sprinkle on cranberries over top of batter.
- Bake in a 350C oven for 30-35 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
If you like berries in your cake, I suggest trying my Berry Burst Coffee Cake Recipe.
The Berry Burst cake is part of my 5 Recipes For Baking With Kids suggestions (because if I’m in the kitchen – do doubt I have “lil helpers” on a chair next to me asking to stir or pour something!).
When kids are in the kitchen – I always recommend to set up “jobs”. One kid stirs. One kid pours. Or liquid ingredient kid Vs dry ingredient kid. However way you decide to divide up the jobs, do it as fairly as possible so that everyone participates (and no one whines about not getting to do something.)