I’m sharing 5 Tips to get Summer Essentials Ready because if you are like me…you are all of a sudden in need of some summer essentials for the family. From bikes to clothes to equipment and more SportChek is a one-stop destination for all your summer essentials for your family. Here are my 5 Tips to get Summer Essentials Ready so you set yourself up for success this summer…
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with SportChek. Opinions are my own.
5 Tips to get Summer Essentials Ready
- Check sizes on all things for the kids. My son grew out of his bike, sandals and shin pads this year. These are summer essentials that have to be the correct size – if not for comfort – for safety for your children. Boys and girls alike need proper fitting bikes, sandals, and shin pads to play like kids. And seriously, I’m going to be ordering those sandals (pictured above) from Sport Chek because they look like they could meet the active summer requirements of my son!
- She has summer too. Yes, Moms have summer too. From yoga wear to running gear to golf attire – women get out and enjoy the sunshine too.
- Disconnect from email and connect with sport. Three cheers for Dad leaving the office on Friday and spending the whole weekend on the field. Be it taking the kids to the playground or catching a Jays game or playing soccer with friends. Put down the phone and take up summer.
- Accessories are summer essentials for everyone. My husband breaks a pair of sunglasses at least once every summer (they fall when he’s running). I carry a stainless steel water bottle everywhere I go (and my family appreciates this). And, for family outings, I put my cute purse on the couch and opt for a backpack because it’s functional (and I have to carry the water bottle, snacks, and most likely a beach towel).
Bauer Team Canada 2015 Youth Shinguards
Nike Kids’ Sunray Protect Preschool Sandals – Black/Grey/White
Nakamura Meyou 20 Junior Mountain Bike 2018 – Blue
Adidas Golf Women’s Climacool Knit Shoes – Silver/Coral
adidas Golf Women’s Hybrid Rangewear Skort
adidas Golf Women’s Short Sleeve Polo
Toronto Blue Jays Hat
Keen Men’s Clearwater CNX Sandals – Black
adidas Q1 Messi Size 5 Soccer Ball – White/Red
Spy Helm Sunglasses – Matte Black with Bronze Gold Mirror Lenses
Hydro Flask 24 oz Standard Mouth Water Bottle
5. Shop online or in-store for your summer essentials. There are times when you want to go in-store and check fit, size and colour. Like for bikes and sandals. Other times you know what you need and on-line shopping saves you time. I’m happy to share SportChek has everything you need in one place! You can search the website on which stores have the products you want to pick up in person. And if you choose to shop on-line – there is free shipping credit on orders over $50.
From having comfortable sandals to properly sized sports equipment to gear & accessories — summer essentials are the tools for enjoying yourself outside. We have such a short summer here in Canada — it’s a shame to miss a moment. So equip your family with summer essentials then go out and play hard together!