These 5 Tips for YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Summer Day Camp programs will come in handy. Not only is summer camp a great experience for kids…a YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Summer Day Camp can save your sanity in terms of care, program, and location.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with YMCA GTA.
5 Tips for YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Summer Day Camp programs
1. Camp program matters. Different kids have different likes (and abilities). I’ll be honest: I send my son to sports camps and my daughters attended dance camps. Not because of gender…but because of which activities they enjoy. The YMCA has programs which range from creative arts and cooking, film making to science programs, swimming lessons, outdoor adventure and more!
2. Location & commute. I can’t cut 45 minutes out of my work day for commuting to and from my child’s day camp. The YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Summer Day Camp programs has 60+ programs at 45 locations across the GTA . Busing and extended hours are available across the city (over 200 bus stops available across the GTA) to make life easier.
3. Ease of registration. No line ups. No on hold phone calls. Easy summer camp registration is important to me (because honestly, who has the time?!). I really like the YMCA GTA registration prompts…you click your child’s age range, the type of camp they would be interested in attending, and your postal code (with busing option as well) and voila…you get a list of camps and bus routes in your area. Done.
4. Feels like away camp without it being sleep away camp. Did you know your child can go to the Toronto Island Y camp (without you having to drive downtown)? Bus pick-up/drop off locations are across the city (at public schools). Your camper is picked up, bused down to the ferry (how much fun is that?!), your camper enjoys camp activities for the day, and then is ferried and bused home by 5pm. It’s like overnight camp without the sleepover.
5. Friends and fun. Summer camp can facilitate enjoying new experiences, learning new skills, and growing friendships. And no child is left behind, the YMCA GTA offers financial assistance if needed. The YMCA GTA offers financial assistance to kids, youth and families using a sliding scale to take into account family income, and number of dependents.
Register Online: http://daycamp.ymcagta.org/
TIP: Use this code when booking to receive 10% off your day camp fees! YSUMMERCAMP
Code valid until August 17th, 2018
Summer is fast approaching. Now is the time to research and register for an engaging program for your child. Let their interests, ages, and abilities guide you on what programs fit best. Summer camp is not only child care but valuable life experience. Childhood memories are grown at camp aren’t they?…