This Upcycled DIY Bag Deodorizer gets rid of stink in gym bags, shoe bins, and closets. It’s inconspicuous, easy to make, and upcycles items you already have around the house. And er…the kids can make it…so Boredom Buster too! Here is how to make this Upcycled DIY bag deodorizer (in under 5 minutes my friends!)…
Upcycled DIY Bag Deodorizer
Working with kids? This DIY is decent for school aged, tweens, and yes teens.
You will need:
- One sock (Find one from the single socks in the bottom of your laundry basket. You know the ones – the ones’ whose partners went missing long ago. This project gives those lonely socks a new life).
- One elastic (save the ones from your newspaper or broccoli)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- permanent marker
- Locate clean sock for this project.
- Fill sock with 1/2 cup baking soda.
- Tie elastic around the top of the sock. If you don’t have an elastic — you can tie a knot it in as an alternative.
- Using permanent marker, draw a face, sunglasses, mustache, whatever you like to jazz up your Upcycled DIY bag deodorizer.
Less than 5 minutes right?! OK depending on how deep you went into the face drawing I guess. This Upcycled DIY bag deodorizer eliminates odours on the cheap & easy. You can make a bunch and put them all over.
- gym bags
- inside shoes themselves — because oh my gosh sometimes the shoes 😮
- shoe bins
- sports equipment
I have had our little sock dude in my hallway for months and it has done the job deodorizing fine and dandy. I recommend this DIY all the way!
If you like to upcycle (or your kids do) – you might want to read: HOW TO UPCYCLE PLASTIC BOTTLE INTO PHONE HOLDER OR PHONE STAND