Who doesn’t love Cheese Plate Ideas? From informal appetizers to kids’ finger food to fancy party entertaining; a cheese plate is a crowd pleaser on any table! You cheddar believe it (c’mon, that cheese pun was gouda right?)…
Cheese Plate Ideas
Present an assortment of cheese: sharp, mild, firm, and creamy for your cheese plate. Pick a cheese (or two) from each of these categories and you create a cheese plate sure to please!
You could certainly offer a non-meat cheese plate (in case any of your guests are vegetarian). Personally, I like to serve a combination cheese/charcuterie because I like to offer my guests a selection of goodies. My go-to cheese plate ideas include:
- Firm: emmental cheese or manchego cheese
- Strong: Cracker Barrel Block Cheese Old Cheddar (this is my favourite)
- Creamy: brie cheese or bleu cheese
- Mild: Cracker Barrel Block Cheese Marble Light
- Salty: olives, prosciutto, salami, jamon serano, kielbasa sausage, nuts
- Bread: crackers, bread sticks, baguette slices, mini toasts, pita triangles
- Kid-friendly addition: quesadilla or cheeseadilla
Bet you aren’t feta-p with cheese plate ideas yet – I have MORE!
So after I finished the styling on the cheese plate above for photography – I decided to make a little cheese platter with the leftovers for the kids as an after school snack.
un-brie-lieveable! They devoured the kid-friendly cheese plate.
I put out a simple assortment of the cheeseadilla triangles, Cracker Barrel Block Cheese Old Cheddar squares, some baguette slices, and kielbasa sausage.
I camembert and finally gave in to their demands to make more cheeseadillas later that week.
- 10 mini tortillas
- 1 bag of Kraft shredded Mozza-Cheddar cheese
- Heat frying pan to medium heat on stove
- Place one tortilla on pan
- Sprinkle enough Kraft shredded mozza-cheddar cheese to cover tortilla
- Place 2nd tortilla over cheese
- Heat on one side for 3 minutes then turn to heat another 3 minutes on other side.
- Put on plate to cool when cheese is melted. Cut into triangles for serving.