This is a fun Fruit Eating Game I created with the kids over the holidays. My daughter actually said “Mommy, Papa has ‘fun parent’ competition today!” – I think that was meant as a compliment 😉 Anyway, this fruit eating game was a big hit with the kids (and it got them eating fruit with big smiles!). I call it “One, Two, Three…SUCK”
Fruit Eating Game
You will need:
- On plate, cut orange into wedges (discard the white “pulp” but keep the orange skin).
- Line up orange wedges – skin side down.
- Kids circle around plate (doing this at the kitchen table or while sitting around the coffee table works best).
- Have kids hold up arms (as if they were being robbed).
- Have kids put hands behind their backs (as if their were being handcuffed).
- Shout out together “One, Two, Three…SUCK” and each participant picks up an orange wedge with their mouth (no using hands!) and sucks the orange. Discard sucked orange wedge to side of plate.
It was like bobbing for apples. Just oranges. And. they. loved. it.
Do your kids like to play with food like mine? Then they will love my DIY – Kid-Friendly Sushi and Snack Ideas For Toddlers. I confess…most meals we sit down and are very serious – discussing days events and weekend plans. However, it is fun – once in a while – to switch up a family meal. Picnic in the living room. Hands-free eating like my fun fruit game above. Crazy dinner where you eat breakfast at night. There’s nothing wrong with a meal switch-up right? It breaks the routine and is kinda fun for pd days and snow days.
And when you pair an eating game with healthy food (like the oranges above)…well that busts the meal boredom and encourages healthy food choices. Win/win.