I’m getting my Valentine’s Day craft mojo going…thinking about what to send as Valentine’s Day Class Treats…the way you “gift” your Valentine’s is part of the treat. Here are two easy DIYs: a Valentine’s Day Pencil Holder Valentine and a Valentine’s Day Ruler Holder Valentine. Super easy and pretty cute…
TIP: Instead of personalizing each Valentine I simply write “Happy Valentine’s Day” and a FROM line with the name of my child. That way you can send a whole class-load of identical Valentines and not worry who, in the class, got missed. Also makes it easy for handing out in class.
Valentine’s Day Pencil Holder Valentine DIY
You will need:
- Red construction paper
- Cut out a heart shape. I have a DIY Cut A Paper Heart post that will show you how to do this.
- Fold heart in half.
- Using scissors, cut 2 small lines – spaced by about a finger – in the middle of the heart – through both sides of the paper – at the closed edge side of the heart. (see 2nd last picture)
- Unfold heart. (Now is a good time to write a Valentine’s Day message on it)
- Take pencil and thread it through the top hole and then back down through the bottom hole.
Valentine’s Day Ruler Holder Valentine
You will need:
- Red Construction Paper
- Cut construction paper a bit wider and a bit longer than your ruler. You should have a rectangle.
- Fold paper in half and cut a small line – through both sides of the paper – at the closed edge side of the paper (don’t cut all the way through! Just a slit please).
- Unfold rectangle (Now is a good time to write a Valentine’s Day message on it).
- Thread the ruler through the first hole and then back out the 2nd hole (if your slit is not cut large enough for the width of the ruler – carefully cut to size).
I did the DIYs above really quickly – with toddler “helping” me – which if you’ve ever crafted with a toddler know – is the opposite of “help” 😉 And thus, the Valentine’s message was hand written. For a treat for the class, I would certainly print out some Valentine’s Day messages on labels using my Favourite Free Valentine Fonts.
And you might want to try my Valentine’s Day Chocolate Cupcakes…just sayin’ 😉