Some days just call for a grab-n-go breakfast. These Granola Breakfast Muffins were super easy to make, jammed packed with healthy goodness, and really quite yummy to eat with one hand.
TIP: I use an ice cream scooper to scoop cake and muffin batter from mixing bowl into pans.
Not only are these granola breakfast muffins a great way to start your day (I love them) – they are also a super easy addition to the school lunch box!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (or you could crush bran flakes)
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 1 container of vanilla yogurt (individual serving size)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 oil
- Granola to top each muffin (I used Harvest Crunch Granola)
- Preheat oven to 350C
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, bran flakes, and flax. Mix well.
- Add in yogurt, eggs, milk, oil. Combine and mix so as there are no lumps.
- Using an ice cream scooper – scoop out mixture into muffin pan (use paper muffin liners or silicone liners).
- Sprinkle granola on top of each muffin (to taste).
- Bake 20 minutes at 350C. Take out and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 12 Granola Breakfast Muffins.
At our house, baking is a kid activity (great boredom buster too). Oh the bliss in measuring, pouring, and stirring! Just today my toddler pulled the step stool up to the counter and asked “what are we going to make today?”. If your kids love baking too – I recommend my recipe for Easy Applesauce Muffins and my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe – both super easy and very kid-friendly.
As for my Granola Breakfast Muffins – they were a huge hit (and there are none left!).