I love the activity of baking. And my kids have a long tradition of dragging a chair across the floor to the kitchen counter – climbing up -and rolling up their sleeves to bake with me. They don’t even ask now. Drraaaggg and voila I see a chair and little helper magically appear the moment the mixer comes out. This is one of our favourites to make together: my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe…
TIP: always have a stock of ripe bananas on hand for this chocolate chip banana bread recipe…when your bananas start going black – pop them in the freezer. Simply put out an hour before you want to bake (or defrost them in the microwave for 45 seconds). That way you can make this recipe anytime!
When baking with kids I always advise to take turns measuring, pouring, and stirring to keep it fun (and ensure there are no fights – fighting is not allowed in baking right?!).
- You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp flax seed (make fibre your friend!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350C
- Spary bundt pay with cooking spray
- In mixer, add bananas and sugar. Mix well.
- Then add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, flax seed. Mix well.
- Add in milk, oil, eggs. Mix well again (no lumps please and thank you).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan
Do you love baking with your kids too? Then you have to try my Easy Applesauce Muffins (great for breakfast and easy to pack in school lunch).