Need a fun kid craft or activity for today? This tutorial DIY on How To Make A Spinning Top Using a CD is simple and awesome. And it’ll keep a kid busy while you check your email/Twitter/Facebook or drink your morning coffee…
How To Make A Spinning Top
Aside: my son calls this his bay blade (a bit bigger than a bay blade I’d say – but it does the job!).
This is a craft which came home from kindergarten (so I can’t take the credit in creating it – however I think it’s pretty awesome!).
You will need:
- cd (a dvd will work too)
- plastic bottle top
- decorations (if you like)
In case you are a visual person (I am) – here’s a quick video tutorial of how to make a spinning top using a cd…
- Glue marble into centre hole of the cd (be liberal with your glue because you want it to stay in place)
- Allow glue to dry
- Next, glue around rim of the plastic bottle top.
- Place bottle top on cd (opposite side to the marble), covering the hole.
- Allow glue to dry.
- Next, decorate plastic top side (this is the top of your spinning top) as desired.
- Spin and enjoy!
As I mention in the video – How To Make A Spinning Top Using A CD – this kid craft project a great way to encourage creativity and recycling. And I’m sure most of you already have the “ingredients” in your home or classroom.
Older kids might be interested in How To Make A Juice Box Wallet – it’s a bit tricky for little kids but tweens and teens can do it just fine. It’s also a good activity; using creativity and recycling.
And all ages can enjoy How To Make Salt Dough (also created by using stuff you already have around the house). Salt dough is an awesome hands-on activity and makes for a great gift-made-by-kids idea.