This Milk Jug Ghosts Craft is an easy alternative to carving a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern for Halloween. It encourages recycling by re-purposing a milk jug. It’s also really inexpensive. BONUS: no worries about leaving a lit candle on your front porch as this Milk Jug Ghosts Craft uses a battery powered candle (or you could use a small flashlight). You will want to make a few to line your steps!…
Milk Jug Ghosts Craft
You will need:
- A milk jug (I used a 4 litre jug)
- Black sharpie
- Battery powered candle or small flashlight
- Rinse your milk jug out. Leave upside down in dish rack to dry.
- Work with the top of the milk jug away from you (this is the top of the ghost).
- Using a black sharpie marker, draw 2 big circle ghost eyes and a big circle ghost mouth.
- NOTE: if you want to change anything about your Ghost face you can erase the black sharpie with rubbing alchol and paper towel
- Turn the milk jug over so the bottom is facing you.
- With the help of an adult, use scissors to score an X in the bottom of the milk jug
- Using your fingers, carefully press the X into the milk jug (it will create an opening).
- Take your milk jug outside.
- Place the battery powered candle on the ground.
- Place the Ghost Milk Jug over top of the candle.
- Watch how it glows in the darkness!
I’m not always the greatest with knives and carving pumpkins however we found making this Milk Jug Ghosts Craft to be super simple. And if you leave your candy out while you trick or treat – there is no fear of a fire hazard as there is no lit flame.
Oh and a few more Halloween Craft Ideas to help get your ghoul on…