This is a family favourite. You have to try this Creamy Chicken Rice Soup. So good. And easy!
Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
- 1 box of chicken broth (900 ml)
- 1 leak chopped
- 1 cup of cut carrots (or make life easier and buy shredded carrots!)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken (you can omit if you don’t have any on hand)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan on Frigidaire Induction Range to 7.
- Add butter
- Add leaks and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour. Raise temperature up to 9. Saute for 1 minute
- Slowly add in chicken broth – stirring to get all the yummy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add in water
- Bring pan to a boil.
- Add in brown rice.
- Lower Frigidaire Induction Range to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking – add in cooked chicken.
- TIP: you can substitute turkey for chicken – great holiday leftover idea.
So good on its own and it freezes really well!
Holiday Leftover Idea: substitute cooked chicken for leftover turkey.
You might also be interested in trying this Hearty Chicken & Veggie Salad recipe (also one in which you can substitute turkey!)