One of my fav tips for back to school season is to make dinner – school lunch once a week. That’s right – make dinner – pack the leftovers – and school lunch is taken care of for tomorrow (one less thing is always good n’est pas?!). I’m sharing my Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe – it’s delish and super easy!…
Aside: I have difficult children. One does not like beef (hard to eat with braces apparently). Two do not like potatoes (and what is with THAT?!). Thus here is my solution – work it out yourselves (i.e. eat around the beef, give the potatoes to your sister, plug your nose and just eat it…whatever…just work it out). I’m making one dinner and that’s the only dinner you will be served.
- 1 package of stewing beef
- 3 large carrots
- 6 medium sized potatoes (Yukon or White)
- 1 box liquid beef broth
- 2 tsp season salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- OPTIONAL: add frozen corn or peas in last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Wash and cut carrots and potatoes (into cubes)
- Put vegetables into crock pot
- Place stewing beef in a ziplock bag – add in flour. Seal and shake to coat beef.
- Put beef in crock pot.
- Add beef broth.
- Add season salt.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. Enjoy!
And 2nd aside: I highly recommend my Slow Cooker Mac N’ Cheese (yes you read that right). I created it when my oven was being fixed and we were having guests for dinner (because why not invite guests for dinner when you have no working oven?!). It serves a crowd and is pretty awesome. Note: read the comments re. cook time.