This Spanish Tortilla Recipe is my go-to when I have no groceries and no inspiration for dinner. It’s basically a potato onion omelet. It serves as a family main meal and is also a great side dish for brunch. And below you’ll read my little tip to make this spanish tortilla even easier…
PARENT CLUB TIP
The classic Spanish Tortilla recipe calls for peeling and thinly slicing 6-8 potatoes (depending on size). For busy Moms, like me, this can be an extra step (you just don’t have time for). Make Spanish Tortillas easier by using store-bought hash browns (found in the freezer section). Pure potatoes without the work ;-).
- 6 eggs
- 1 package of hashbrowns
- 1 onion (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Add in hashbrowns and onion (fry until golden brown according to package directions).
- In bowl, crack and beat 6 eggs.
- Pour beaten eggs into fried hashbrown/onion mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cooked on one side – use plate to flip the tortilla over and then return to frying pan to finish frying uncooked side.
- Put frying pan in pre-heated oven (350C) for 15 minutes. Ensure you have an oven safe frying pan before doing so.