There are lots of dining choices in Toronto – but which ones are friendly to families? I’ve taken the kids to eat at fancy restaurants and not-so-fancy pubs – some dining experiences were better than others (and price doesn’t always mean it’s not kid-friendly). I put together a quick list of fav family friendly restaurants in Toronto – whether you are a tourist visiting or a Toronto resident looking for a new place to eat out.
- The Danforth (Greek town) – I know not exactly a particular restaurant – but this whole strip of eateries is very family friendly. Souvlaki, potatoes, rice and french fries await kids and parents alike.
- Sunset Grill – Canadian brunch at its best. Lots of locations across the city. Pancakes, toast, eggs, and bacon. Bring toys for the kids to play with while you wait.
- Jack Astors – grill meets family. Lots of locations across the city. Wide menu (and kids menu). Stand out features: they have slings for infant car seats to keep baby off the ground! Lots of tvs to occupy kids. They even offer portable dvd players with cartoons for kids who just can’t sit still.
- Mandarin – Chinese/North American all you can eat buffet. Lots of locations across the city. From noodles to pizza to roast beef there is something for everyone (and lots of it). Note: kids under 2 have to pay $2.
- Mr. Greenjeans – located in The Toronto Eaton Centre it offers great views of the city with family friendly foods.
- Tim Horton’s – located…well…everywhere. A go-to for a quick lunch.