Here is the Summer Fun Calendar July – Parent Club to organize your week’s in July with some fun and low-budget activities to keep kids busy. I’ve put together general categories of Grocery Mondays, Picnic Tuesdays, Playdate Wednesdays, Water Thursdays, and Library Fridays activities.
Summer Fun Calendar July – Parent Club
Because we always need groceries on Mondays to stock up for the week. Here is a way to turn those grocery shopping days into a kid-activity
- Have the kids write a grocery list and check it off while you are shopping
- Play grocery BINGO in the store
- Have the kids plan one meal or snack and have them shop for it
- Time your shopping trip
We happen to live close to a farmer’s market which runs on Tuesdays. There are always tons of families picnic-ing there. Here are some picnic places for you…
- a park
- school yard
- your backyard
- living room (if it’s super hot and you need AC)
Host a playdate or go on a playdate. It’s a good way to break up the weekly routine.
- Set up a playdate Wednesdays group with some other families and rotate houses every week
- Invite a friend over
From swimming to running through a hose – there are so many ways to incorporate a water into a kid-activity.
- Splash Pad
- Wading Pool
- Water table
- Have a bath
Public libraries are a great destination for Fridays. They often run free activities. Have AC. And of course there are BOOKS!
- Borrow a book
- Read a book
- Join a library reading club
- Borrow a DVD
- Check out the free kid activities