All right my gluten-free folk, here is a recipe for Gluten-free Oat Cake Recipe (Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot). This pressure cooker cake recipe was inspired on a HOT summer day when it was too warm to turn the oven on yet I needed a cake/muffin homemade comfort food for my breakfast. Fairly decent breakfast cake to have with your morning cup of tea or coffee.
The General Challenge of Pressure Cooker Cakes
The general challenge of pressure cooker cakes is that they usually taste…steamed. Some people might like steamed cake (I don’t). And I’ve tried more than one instant pot cake recipe where the middle of the cake is simply undercooked (yuk). I can report that this oat cake recipe cooked successfully all the way through!
Gluten-free Oat Cake Recipe (Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot)
- 1 cup of water (to put in bottom of pressure cooker)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of milk (I use 2%)
- Splash of oil (1/4 cup-ish)
- 1 egg
- 2 splashes of vanilla
Cook time: 45 min on high setting of pressure cooker
- Pour water in bottom of pressure cooker
- Mix all ingredients together
- Line a 7 inch springform pan with foil
- Pour gluten-free oat cake batter into lined pan
- Place pan on trivet
- Cover pan with foil
- Place trivet and pan on top of water in pressure cooker
- Put lid on pressure cooker
- Ensure the venting button is set to non-vent
- Put on high setting 45 min. Allow natural release.
Serve warm. It does dry out a few days after so if you are the only gluten-free eater in your house (like me) cut into triangles and freeze individually in a freezer-safe bag or container.
You might also want to try: GLUTEN-FREE CRANBERRY DARK CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BARS