Here are a few tip on How to Calm Anxiety. Whether you are worried about work, an upcoming event, relationships…whatever your worry…anxiety is a brutal beast. Anxiety can cause insomnia, digestive trouble, mood changes (hello irritability!) and more. Let’s chill the best. Here are a few ways on How to Calm Anxiety…
How to Calm Anxiety
- Do something interesting this distracts the mind. Read the newspaper, a magazine, or a book.
- Write it down. Make a list. Check things off. Brainstorm. Outline. Get it out of your head and down on paper.
- Listen to music. Have it pump you up or chill you down (I’m more of a chill me down type myself)
- Do something creative or active. Tennis. Yoga. Walk. Activate your body to deactivate your mind.
- Watch a show or movie. Again…distract your mind.
- Go outside. It’s a wonder what a change in environment and air will do to calm anxiety.
- Have a shower or bath. Wash the stress off.
- Do something productive. Again this goes back to crossing things off your list. So start laundry if you are worrying about packing for a trip.
- Reach out to someone. Share your anxiety. Talk, text, dm.
Overthinking and fretting on a problem can cause anxiety. Try to take a step back and see what action-items you can do to find a solution. Do you need a checklist to ensure you don’t miss something on a project? Make a pros and cons list to help with decision-making? Hire a babysitter so you can 100% concentrate on a deadline?
Try to problem solve your problem so you don’t overthink it. Tackle it in blocks. Or talk to someone (because having a 2nd opinion can provide new perspective).
I am a life-long overthinker. And I’m anxious too. They are certainly connected. I hope these tips help the other overthinkers and anxious people out there.