Here is a quick DIY on How To Make a Stress Ball. It’s a 2 ingredient activity (you can get the supplies at the dollar store)! You can make one or a bunch (I recommend a bunch…it’s so easy to make). Plus, it’s a two-in-one activity…Activity 1: make them, Activity 2 squish them. Here’s How To Make a Stress Ball…
Why would I want to make stress balls?
Playing, touching, squishing, and fidgeting with a stress ball can help de-stress. How? It distracts the mind from the anxiety and gives you a touch sensation instead. Stress balls are also beneficial for:
- Fidgeting with during homework or class (helps focus)
- long car or plane rides
- boredom buster
- waiting in a doctor’s office waiting room
- something to play with in restaurants when you are waiting for food to arrive
NOTE: do NOT give young children stress balls as it could be a choking hazzard.
How To Make a Stress Ball – ingredients you will need
RELATED: HOW TO DEAL WITH MOM, I’M BORED
- 1 cup of baking soda or flour
- Attach funnel to opening of balloon and place bottom down in glass. The glass will hold the balloon in place.
- Slowly pour (or spoon) baking soda (or flour) into balloon. Fill to your desired size of stress ball.
- Take funnel off balloon.
- Tight knot in balloon.
- OPTIONAL: you can leave balloon like this or put another balloon on top to double-balloon-it to ensure nothing spills out.
- To double balloon: cut end off of 2nd balloon. Stretch over knotted side of 1st balloon.
SHARE: have you ever played with a stress ball?…
Pssttt…my latest book: STOP READING THIS BOOK is now in stores!