This Summer BINGO for Kids activity is a great way to keep kids busy and get them reading. BONUS: it’s FREE! Summer Bingo for Kids is a portable and fun boredom buster. Play in the back yard, at the kitchen table, in the drive way or at the beach!
Summer BINGO for Kids Ideas
I’ve created two versions of Summer BINGO for Kids cards. The first is only images (great for pre-readers!) and second is with words (great for older kids!). You could also DIY your own (I used Canva) and move the images around on different versions of the cards so that multiple kids can play. You can also increase the number of squares and write BINGO at the top (if you wanted to play the classic “under the B…a watermelon” version).
Some Summer Bingo for Kids Ideas
- Have the kids create bingo cards with paper, ruler, markers
- Make book themed bingo cards (THINK: Harry Potter or Stop Reading This Book!)
- Create summer food themed bingo cards (THINK: salad, ice cream, BBQ, Popsicle, lemonade, etc…)
- Make a Summer Bucket list Bingo card and check off all the things you have done (or still need to do)
- Create a Family themed summer bingo card with pictures of people in your family (THINK: grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, siblings, cousins)
- Pack a travel bingo game to play in cars and minivans for road trips
Should there be a prize for bingo?
You don’t necessarily have to go out and buy something for bingo prizes.
- first to get bingo can choose desert
- bingo gets to choose next activity
- winner gets round of applause and cheering
- First to get bingo gets a stone. Person with the most stones at the end of all the bingo games is the ultimate winner (for the day).