If you don’t know by now…don’t compare yourself to other moms. I know you might feel the tendency to do so…Instagram…Pinterest…Podcasts all make life look greener on the other side of the fence. But Moms…remember you don’t really see the laundry piles outside of the perfect filtered square.
Why you don’t compare yourself to other moms
- You are the unique factor to your family
- Other moms have laundry piles too
- You never know what challenges the other moms are facing
- People post filtered and curated images of their lives on social media
- Not everything you see on the internet is true
- People take a lot of time and energy creating social media posts (it’s not always just “snap…this is me in this moment” type of pictures
- You never know the “help” those moms are getting (nannies, personal chefs/meals delivered, cleaning ladies, gardeners/landscapers, housekeepers)
What do you feel when you compare your mom abilities?
- Perhaps you feel not-good-enough or less-than
- You might feel stressed or anxious
- Jealous or envious
You do you boo!
Instead of comparing yourself to other moms…why not switch the perspective. What can you learn from those moms? What inspires you?
I love the idea of amazing bento boxes. But my LUNCH BOX INSPIRATION is not high level first thing in the morning. So instead of feeling less-than when I see pinterest-worthy bento pictures I just make my own BENTO BOX SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS (because I prefer easy over fancy).
It’s ok to do what works for you.
- Take things one at a time
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done
- Give yourself a break
- Enjoy your time with you family
- Turn off social media
- Connect with friends in real life
- Go outside (sometimes getting away from your mom bubble can give you a different perspective)