10 Must-Have Items To Take To The Beach! These 10 essential beach items will make your life easier on your next vacation. Not just for you…also handy when at the beach with kids! Share in the comments below your beach must-have items for the beach!…
10 Must-Have Items To Take To The Beach
- Beach bag. Absolute essential. Not just for carrying your stuff but also for putting your clothes in to keep them sand safe. Also, helps to keep track of clothing (because the last thing you want to hear at the end of a beach day is “Mom, I can’t find my t-shirt!”).
- Cosmetic cases – varying sizes. I use a small size as a kind of travel wallet – coins & bills for ice cream on the beach. Then, in a larger cosmetic case I put that travel wallet as well as the car keys/apartment keys/hotel pass so that’s it’s safely in one spot. I also put personal items in the larger cosmetic case (hair elastics, travel wipes) so that if we go to a restaurant on the beach…I just take one cosmetic bag to the restroom with us.
- Coins and bills in the currency of where your beach is. Because…ice cream on the beach.
- Flushable wipes. Because not all beach washrooms have toilet paper. Also, handy for quickly cleaning sunglasses, faces, and hands.
- Sunglasses. Essential. For the whole family.
- Sunscreen. And don’t forget to reapply after being in the water!
- Watch. Because honestly, you lose track of time on the beach. You might need to know time to know when to go home, put money in parking meter, plan dinner time later.
- Reusable water bottle. I prefer a stainless steel water bottle myself because it keeps water colder longer. But in a pinch, I’ll freeze half a bottle of water in a plastic container…then fill the rest of it up with tap water. That way, the ice in the plastic bottle melts as the beach day goes on and you have an ice pack/cold water in your bag.
- Beach towel. Obvious.
- Sun hat. I am a huge sun hat person because I burn like crazy. But on really hot days, we have my tan-skinned kids wear hats in the water during the sunniest times of the day for protection.
You might also be interested in reading: BEACH BAGS FOR SUMMER