OK you have to try this DIY on How to Upcycle Plastic Bottle into Phone Holder or Phone Stand. It’s functional, very straight forward, and gives another life to something you would recycle. This is a good activity for tweens/teens or for you to do with you kids. In less than 15 minutes you can upcycle a plastic bottle into something you can use every day…
Upcycle Plastic Bottle into Phone Holder or Phone Stand
You can use this upcycled phone stand for your desk. Or you can use it to amplify the sound on your phone when you play music (my kids do this with their phones and empty cups all the time — the music amplifies as if you have a speaker).
You will need:
- clean plastic bottle
- paper towel
- duct tape
- Clean plastic bottle by rinsing out liquid or lotion.
- Discard the pump (you don’t need it for this DIY)
- Using scissors, carefully cut off the top of the bottle. This is an adult job if you are making this DIY with kids. I opened up the scissors and punctured the bottle with one scissor tip – then – I used the scissors (starting at the hole I created) to cut around the bottle).
- Discard the top (you can recycle this).
- Using scissors, cut down along the front of the plastic bottle (about 2/3 down) – then cut across – cut down across the other side so that you remove a rectangle.
- Now that the interior of the plastic bottle is open – give it a really good rinse with water to eliminate any left-over lotion/soap.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Using duct tape, cover over label at front of bottle. You can decorate the whole bottle with duct tape if you like.
Think of this activity for Earth Day, Earth Hour, Eco-Clubs and any time you want to do a low-cost boredom buster.
It also reminds the whole family to look at what you use every day — and consider other uses for it. What about other plastics (straws? dish soap containers? yogurt containers?). Brainstorm how you can upcycle these items into something creative.
Choose eco-minded products
Choose eco-minded products like those from AVEENO®, which are made using the finest ingredients from nature and packaged in recycled and recyclable materials. Once you’ve finished your favourite bottle of AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Lotion, follow three simple steps to recycle your empties before heading to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart for a restock .
Three simple steps to recycle your product empties:
- Remove the pump and discard (most pumps are made of too many types of plastic to be recyclable).
- Rinse your empty bottle.
- Toss in your recycling bin or upcycle (like this Upcycle Plastic Bottle idea)
Disclosure: I am an Aveeno Canada ambassador. Opinions and DIY is my own.