You will never stand in front of a splattering frying pan again after you learn How To Cook Bacon In The Oven. Really – if you are going to cook bacon – you might as well cook a pound of bacon all at once right? This will make your bacon-makin’ a whole lot easier…
How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
For a larger family like mine, eating a pound of bacon in one sitting is not a problem at all. And you can take any leftovers (if there are any) and crumble them into a salad for tomorrow. You can add cooked bacon to your EASY SCHOOL LUNCH LIST to make your school lunch packing ideas simpler.
- 1 pound of bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400C
- Position baking racks so that you can put two cookie sheets in the middle (or middle and bottom) rack in the oven
- Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil
- Lay the bacon (one layer only please) on the baking sheet. Do not overlap as overlapping bacon strips will stick together.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes (dependent upon how crispy you like your bacon).
- Once the bacon has reached your desired crispy-ness – put on baking gloves and remove cookie sheet from oven. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to allow to cool (and catch and bacon fat drips).
- For clean up: simply allow cookie sheet to cool, wrap up aluminum foil and discard foil into garbage. Wash cookie sheet with soap and warm water.
- If you wish to save your bacon fat drippings, allow cookie sheet to cool and then pour drippings into a re-usable container. Refrigerate drippings.
What goes great with bacon? This Spanish Tortilla Recipe. A Spanish tortilla is a kind of frittata (also known as an egg omelette). You could make bacon in the oven and create an egg, potato, and bacon frittata as a solid brunch idea or an easy family dinner idea!).
Nothing beats bacon and eggs…in any form.