Another homemade muffin recipe to share: Blender Apple Muffins. I blend up apples with skin on to keep the apple goodness in the baking. It blending the apples might seem like an extra step – but it only takes minutes – and makes a great nutritional different. We make this Blender Apple Muffins Recipe often chez moi…
Blender Apple Muffins
- 2 medium size apples, skin on and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350C
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a blender, pour in 1/4 cup of water. Add in cubed apples (you might want to do this in stages so your blender doesn’t work too hard). Blend up apples until they are all liquid with no chunks.
- Set apple mixture aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients of flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, flax seed and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
- Then add apple mixture, milk, eggs, and oil. Mix on medium setting until well combine.
- Spoon into muffin liners.
- Bake for 35-40 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Makes 18 muffins.
No time to blend up apples? No problem my recipe for Easy Applesauce Muffins uses store bought applesauce and turns out great every time.
If you like apple recipes then you should try my Apple Crisp Recipe (it is pure comfort food and great for family treats as well as a dessert for guests).
TIP: if you want to send peeled apples in school lunch – sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on them and store in an airtight container. That way, if they do turn a bit brown the cinnamon masks the colour change…and the cinnamon adds a lovely spice taste.